Process Reveals ValueMarch 9, 2017
There are certain tips people with the desire to get married should put in mind and write on their hearts, which will positively influence their choices for a “happily forever”.
What are the primary and yet pivotal things every man or lady that wants an Edenic marriage should know? What are the start-up information to be aware of before committing and before walking down the aisle? Here are ten basics of a relationship:
- Respect the process. So many people are engrossed with the “who” and the “why” of getting married that they overlook the importance of the “how”. Be interested in the how. The how is as important as the endgame (Matthew 1:18-25).
- You must anchor your choice on God’s plan for your life.
- Your decisions are often influenced by your sense of identity. A man who is a king in his mind will choose someone that fits his nobility, will choose a queen; while a man who is a slave in his mind will likely go for a fellow slave.
- Your relationship with God is more important than your relationship with man. Any longing you feel in the realm of your soul can only be satisfied with God.
- Don’t honour a man more than you honour God. God can take the place of any (wo)man in your life, but no (wo)man can take God’s place in your life. Honour God!
- A person who isn’t aware of God’s plans for your life can’t appreciate your worth. The way you treat a thing or person is a reflection of your understanding of its/his/her intrinsic worth.
- Needy people are always needy. Watch for “help ministries” cloaked as relationships. A relationship is a two-way street: both parties give and both parties receive. If just one person is giving all the time without the other party reciprocating, the giving party will burn out in no time.
- The greatest hindrance to fulfilling God’s plan for your life is usually the people closest to you. Do not allow people around you (friends, family, relatives, etc.) sidetrack you from God’s will for your marital life. Above every other voice, listen to GOD!
- A successful relationship is between two forgivers (Proverbs 19:11). An unforgiving attitude will poison your relational well.
- The safety of a relationship is sure when the man hears and obeys God. (Ephesians 5:25)
Be reminded that it takes a team to build a dream; the “LET US” spirit is the spirit of the Scriptures. Remember to make your marital decision with tomorrow in mind, because tomorrow is longer than today.
Article source: http://harvesthousecc.org/10-basics-relationship/